Monday, October 1, 2012

Romans 5:1-2

Therefore, since we are justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have obtained access to this grace in which we stand; and we boast in our hope of sharing the glory of God. (NRSV)

This is a verse I've been meditating on for the past few days, simply because it is something that has made me think.  I apologize in advance if my thoughts seem muddled, I am finding it difficult to find the correct way to express what I'm thinking for this particular verse.  We are justified by our faith in Christ, and through that faith we find our peace with God.  What exactly does this mean? Why is it important? 


How does this impact one's spiritual journey? How does this impact my spiritual journey? What does this say about my relationship with Christ and the path that I walk? 

These two verses provide the justification that my faith is in truth the path to peace with God through Christ.  This allows me to stand within his grace, receive his grace and ultimately share it with others.  It also allows me to speak of the glory of God that will be given unto those that believe in Him when their time comes to enter the next life.  Many would not think that I am saved, but I am, have I fallen off the 'traditional' path perhaps.

Am I a Christian/Disciple...perhaps not as much as I should be, but then again, that can also be a matter of interpretation.  No, my life is not perfect by any means, but I am willing to share my faith with others (and truthfully that is one of the purposes of this blog), and I am not one who will judge you for disagreeing with me, nor will I judge you for having differing beliefs than I have.  I do not subscribe to a strict Christian way of thinking, simply because I have been burnt too many times in the past.  I am willing to fight for my beliefs and will not now or ever accept anyone telling me that the way that I practice my faith is WRONG simply because it differs from someone else's doctrine.  


I am who I am, and this verse in so many ways assures me of the fact that I am pleasing to God and I will find my place in the next life, when my time here is done.  Eventually, I will be discussing the after life, and that is perhaps one of the things that will get a bit tricky because of the influence of Hindu/Buddhist beliefs in my faith structure. But, that is a topic for another post. 

What are some of your thoughts on this particular verse? 

Namaste, 
Martha



No comments:

Post a Comment