Sunday, September 30, 2012

Welcome to my Sanctuary

Hello and welcome to my Sanctuary.  This is a place for me to share the thoughts and musings that fill my head and are part of my own personal spiritual journey.  The things in here will range from light, fun topics to more serious topics that have an impact on how my life is lived and how the decisions in my life are made, and yes there may be some political hot topics that are discussed because I will share my opinions on those as well because again, the current political environment impacts my daily life. 

Here are some things that you need to know about me: 
  1. I am very opinionated.  If you can be easily offended, then some of these posts may not be for you.
  2. I will be sharing scripture verses from the bible in some of these posts.  
  3. My religious background is Catholic, however, I do not at this point in time subscribe to any form of organized religion.
  4. My religious beliefs hold some roots the Catholic/Christian faith, however, I also have and hold some of the beliefs from other world religions: Wiccan/Pagan, Hindu, and Buddhist.
  5. I will not compromise my own beliefs for the sake of your feelings.
  6. It has taken me quite some time to finally find the path that works for me, and while I will share information with you, I will not preach, that is not my intention.  
There are also a few basic rules, because I will discuss some political hot topics on occasion:
  1. Feel free to share your opinion, but do it in a grown up fashion.  
  2. Do not insult me or my beliefs just because yours might be different.
  3. Do not try and convert me to -your- particular religion, it will not happen.
  4. I am open to a good debate, feel free to start one if you do not agree with something that I've said. 
I think that's about it.  I will be sharing more about myself and my own personal spiritual journey as time goes on.  

Namaste, 
Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment