Sunday, October 28, 2012

Musical Worship: Songs to Stir the Soul

Music is a big part of my life for those that know me.  I'm always listening to something and my tastes in music can be just about anything.  However, the focus of this blog post is songs that I turn to for spiritual comfort and to set fire to my soul.

This first song proves that my musical tastes vary widely.

Awesome God (Dubstep) by Robert Delong


Then we go to something softer from Burlap to Cashmere, Treasures in Heaven


One more Burlap to Cashmere song, because it is my absolute favorite, Eileen's Song:

The fourth and final song I'm going to share with you, is one of my favorite Steven Curtis Chapman songs titled Speechless.


These are just a few of my favorite spiritual songs that I absolutely always turn to when I need that uplifting beat to kick my worship into gear.  The music behind the lyrics is almost as important as the message shared within the lyrics because if it can get my heart pumping and my mind racing with the Grace and Glory of the world around me, I am all the more ready to worship and share myself with someone.

As you know, my religious and spiritual beliefs are filled with a wide variety of beliefs and I will be sharing more of them as time goes on but lately there has been a focus on some of the Christian basis of my beliefs, and that is why the music is Christian based, and it serves a purpose for my beliefs and what I am sharing with you.

Namaste

Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment