Saturday, December 13, 2014

As 2014 Comes to a Close

As December works its way closer and closer to it's end and January and 2015 inch closer and closer to their beginnings I am taking stock in what this year has brought me in terms of creativity.  I have 2 manuscripts that have been started - two stories that I am in the process of writing and working my way through.  One of which will be soon going in a completely different direction than it originally started once I get the things I need to begin planning it out and rewriting it.  
The two writing projects I am in the midst of are: 
1. The Heart of Evalian - NaNoWriMo 2014 novel with a current word count of 51264, and about 1/2 way to where it needs to be before the evil red pen of editing is taken to it. 
2. Black Spade, The Four Queens, Book 1 - Yup, a series.  Everyone knows the story of the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland.  However, there are 4 queens in a deck of cards.  Each story, will be stand alone for the most part, but have small interwoven details of the four queens: spades, hearts, diamonds, and clubs.  Though don't expect the Queen of Hearts to be anything like the one that Alice comes across in Wonderland.  *grins* This one will not be for the faint of heart, but it will get your pulse racing. 
Those are my writing projects, and hopefully something will come from them and ultimately I will begin working toward getting one or both of them published.  I'm not sure if Evalian  will end up being a series or not, but I know The Four Queens will be four books long. 
I've also got an abundance of photographs to edit and get situated, and will be taking more when I go to the Christmas parade. 

No comments:

Post a Comment