Friday, June 21, 2013

Touch of Pagan: Litha Recipes

As always I preface this, with my usual statement.  You know my beliefs are those of many different religions.  There is no one religion that I practice, but pull from multiple to shape my beliefs.  If you cannot create a positive dialogue, and wish to bash or berate me for my beliefs, you will not be welcome here.

Here you will find some useful  recipes for your own Litha (Summer Solstice) celebration.  Litha Incense, Orange Honey Butter, Easy Honey Mead.

Litha Incense
2 parts Sandalwood
1 part Mugwort
1 part Chamomile
1 part Gardenia petals
Several drops Rose Oil
Several drops Lavender Oil
Several drops of Yarrow Oil

Orange Honey Butter
2 tablespoons grated orange zest
3 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1-2 tablespoons honey
-Combine ingredient, chill until ready to eat.

Easy Honey Mead
1 part wildflower honey
1 part water
-Heat honey and water until mixture is smooth and 
honey is incorporated.
-Sprinkle rose petals into the mixture, let it cool.  
-Strain mixture (optional)
-Mix 2 parts honey water with 1 part grain alcohol
-Serve chilled over ice.
(Other option: Mix 1 part honey water w/1part vodka)

No comments:

Post a Comment