Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Buddhism: 14 Fine Facts of All Life

Another Buddhism post.  I focus on a lot of buddist teachings when I meditate, and this is no exception.  These fourteen facts are meditated on quite often, and there are times when I fall victim to any of these and find myself and more often than not I find myself struggling with them.  Especially the Ego, Envy & Jealousy, and a few others of the enemies listed.  However, I am also working on doing those things that are successful, beneficial and better for me to exemplify in life.

It is always hard to let go, to not be offended when things happen, to walk Untouched and Unaffected by things that go on in the world.  But there are always things that try and touch us, try and captivate our attention, and pull us away from what we are focused on.  I try and keep myself focused on finding my own inner peace and focusing on perpetuating the Buddhist teachings that I've adopted into my own religious beliefs.

What are some things that you focus on in your daily spiritual walk?

-------
The Fourteen Fine Facts of All Life:

1: The greatest enemy in life is: The
Ego...

2: The greatest deceit in life is: This
is Mine ...

3: The greatest failure in life is:
Narcissism...

4: The greatest acid in life is: Envy &
Jealousy ...

5: The greatest error in life is to lose
Self-control ...

6: The greatest crime in life is
betrayal of Parents ...

7: The greatest deplorable in life is
pathetic Self-pity ...

8: The greatest success in life is
correcting own failure ...

9: The greatest bankruptcy in life is
lewd immoral conduct ...

10: The greatest wealth in life is
health and understanding...

11: The greatest debts in life is
clinging and lack of purity...

12: The greatest gift in life is
Patience, Tolerance & Forgiveness...

13: The greatest shortcoming in life
is lack of present Awareness!

14: The greatest soothing relief in
life is Generosity & kind Charity!

No comments:

Post a Comment